What do you do and how are you supported Bob?
We are entirely supported by free will gifts of churches and individuals and receive no funds from the sale of Awana materials.As Awana Missionaries, we serve the Lord in the following six areas in SW Michigan:
Awana Missionaries are available for club visits, training seminars, conferences, presentations, and pulpit supply. We consult with Pastors and children's ministers to share our vision for reaching more boys and girls with the gospel of Christ, training them to serve Him.
- Starting New Awana Programs, by meeting with interested Pastors and making Awana presentations to churches and parents.
- Training Leaders, by conducting basic training, meeting with Commanders and Directors, and through the annual Fall Leadership Conferences.
- Strengthening Churches, by counseling with Commanders and Pastors, speaking at Leaders meetings, and evaluating clubs as we visit.
- Building a Ministry Team, comprised of Event coordinator, Commanders and other leaders with a vision for reaching boys and girls across the state.
- Conducting Special Events for clubbers, including Bible Quizzing, AwanaGames, Grand Prix Racing and Scholarship Camp.
- Communicating with our churches, clubs and support team, through personal meetings, monthly prayer/news letters.